Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference and we’ve picked five of our favourite accessories – all of them essential ingredients for an enjoyable ride.
- BUFF - a good neck tube protects you from scratchy jacket collars, bugs, rain and drafts. Buffs are light, stretchy and keep you warm in the cold, yet also wick moisture to keep you cool when it's hot. They’re versatile too - they can be worn as a neckerchief, headband, wristband, face mask, hairband or bandana. See the range of Buffs here http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/buffs
- DISC LOCK - bike theft is in the headlines and a disc lock is both portable and a highly visible deterrent to thieves. The Gear Gremlin Tempest, with a 10mm locking pin, is a tough and affordable choice. See it at http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/ggs-tempest-10mm-1254
- VISOR CLEANER - on sunny days your visor gets covered with bugs and on rainy days road spray can soon obscure your vision. This handy little spray from MUC-OFF is easy to carry, ph neutral (so it’s safe to use on helmets) and has a streak-free formula for a crystal clear view. Find out more at http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/muc-off-helmet-visor-10837
- WATERPROOF OVERTROUSERS - if you ride in denim or leather jeans, then a decent pair of rain trousers is one of the best investments you can make. Buffalo Sirocco jeans are light, inexpensive and easy to slip over your riding gear, so you no lnger need to worry about arriving at your destination in a damp pair of jeans if you get caught in a downpour. . http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/buffalo-rain-jean-755
- DRINK BOTTLE - dehydration seriously affects your concentration and can make you drowsy. Carrying a bottle of water (or orange squash if you have exotic tastes) means you can pull over for a refreshing drink when you need it. This aluminium sports bottle from KTM is light, holds 700ml and looks the part. http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/aluminium-bottle-25473