Triumph Bonneville – Reborn.
The timeless style and iconic character of the original Bonneville is reborn in the Bonneville T120 and T120 Black. Crafted with the highest standard of detailing, quality and finish, powered by the all-new 1200cc ‘high torque’ Bonneville engine, and fed by beautiful authentically styled twin throttle bodies, the T120 and T120 Black are built to deliver more torque lower down and across the rev range. Authentic peashooter exhausts deliver the unmistakeable sound of a British twin.
Both feature all-new chassis and suspension, developed for refined all day riding with or without a passenger, and combine Triumph’s signature ride dynamic of neutrality, agility and stability with advanced levels of capability and comfort.
The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are two of the five exciting motorcycles in the new Bonneville family – all with 100% authentic Bonneville character, truly modern capability and performance.
New 1200cc ‘high torque’ engine
Built specifically for the modern classic riding style, with immediate and exciting power delivery, it produces a peak torque figure of 105Nm at a low 3100 rpm – an amazing 54% more than the previous generation. With the pinpoint accuracy and instant throttle response of Triumph’s next generation ride-by-wire fuel-injection and engine management system, the six-speed 1200 Bonneville engine is engineered with a charismatic tone and 270° firing interval for a smooth, linear power delivery.
The engine profile has been crafted to incorporate key heritage styling cues from 60’s Bonneville bikes, incorporating contemporary components to maintain the iconic engine silhouette. The finish is of universally high standard, with brushed aluminium engine covers with bronze detailing on the T120, and black engine covers with machined aluminium detailing on the T120 Black.
A cutting-edge liquid cooling system is carefully integrated to minimise visual impact whilst achieving cleaner emissions and enhancing fuel efficiency. All-new elegant peashooter style exhausts follow a clean ‘straight line run’ – achieved through an ingenious twin skin design that covers the pipe run through the cat box and out again – and deliver the true sound of a British twin, with a deep and rich exhaust note that matches the T120’s character.
The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black set a new standard of capability in modern classics, with a wealth of rider-focused technology to deliver advanced control, safety and enhanced rider confidence – integrated sensitively and without compromise to maintain the authentic Bonneville style and character, including:
- ABS Triumph’s variable anti-lock braking system bringing a new level of safety and control to the Bonneville.
- Ride-by-wire For enhanced throttle responsiveness, safety, feel and fuel economy.
- Traction control Taking advantage of the ride-by-wire system the switchable traction control system optimises the delivery of the T120’s amazing torque.
- Two rider modes Linked to the ride-by-wire system the two selectable rider mode options ‘road’ and ‘rain’ provide the rider with greater control and safety.
- Slip assist clutch Bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it easier to ride, and ride longer.
- LED rear light Built into the classically inspired tail set-up, bringing a distinctive rear light pattern and power efficiency. With an integrated number plate light.
- LED DRL headlight Incorporating the latest in daytime running lights (DRL) that delivers a distinctive signature light pattern and enhance power efficiency for long term durability. (Where legislation allows).
- Heated grips High specification factory fitted heated grips, with a three-mode settings fitted as standard.
- USB charge socket Headstock mounted USB socket provided so riders can charge up their essential devices.
- Engine immobiliser Transponder integrated into the new T120 key.
- Stylish twin clocks Feature packed clocks (speedo and rev counter) with beautiful 3D dial faces, cleverly incorporating a digital menu system featuring:
- Heated grips setting
- Rider mode setting – road or rain
- Gear position indicator
- Two trip settings
- Service indicator
- Range to empty
- Fuel level, average and current MPG
- Access to turn off traction control and ABS features
Joining the ranks of iconic Triumph Bonneville motorcycles stretching back to the T120 of 1959, Triumph presents the next chapter of the Bonneville story, with the new Bonneville T120 and T120 Black – statements of Triumph’s past and present.
Timeless icons, beautifully evolved.